Monday, August 30, 2010

BYU I Miss You

Today classes started at BYU without me. There is something about being on the beautiful campus, sitting in a lecture, being with friends in the library till 2:00 in the morning studying and football games that I just miss. BYU was such a great school. It taught me a lot about who I am. Learning has always been part of me. Being a student gave me confidence. I always knew that I could do anything a professor threw at me. Now that I am in the “real” world, with a “real” job I don’t quite feel the same. I found myself sad/happy to think about my little brother who gets to go to school there starting today. I hope he loves it, because I love and miss it.

BYU I miss you!


Freshman Year

3 comments:

Janine said...

I just want you to know that I miss you. I read your last post and nearly teared up at the idea that we didn't get to say a formal goodbye. You two were unexpected blessings in our life. Totally miss you. And p.s. we are expecting...March. Yea!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Lex I feel the same as you!! I miss BYU-Idaho so very much. The real world is, well so real. haha Know that I love you! Hope TX is treating you well. We'll be in Houston in Oct. We'd love to see you guys if it isn't too far. My little bro just started college too. Exciting times! Hope they love it as much as we did. :)

Ashley from Sloanbook said...

Cute Freshmen pic! My bro started today too! And I am still at BYU! 2nd to last semester....! Man I am ready to be done.