Evelyn loves to read her books. I feel bad for her books because they look like they have been through the ringer. We HAVE to take a couple books with us everywhere we go. It is funny that she loves books because neither Josh or I are big readers. Maybe she will be our motivator. Her favorite book right now is called The Very Busy Spider. We read it about 3 times a day. My favorite part of the whole thing is that she will get a book, sit in my lap and listen so intently. Then, when I'm done she gets up, points to her books and walks to get another one.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
1) She is such a girly girl! I put a necklace on her today and her face beamed with joy. She wore it right up until bedtime. She also likes to tote around one of my old purses. She only likes to wear it in the bend of the arm, a true fashionista :)
2) She still throws herself backwards (without regards to safety) when she is upset. She has had some pretty hard falls.
3) She is a carnivore! She absolutely loves to eat ground beef. She also is a huge fan of bananas and granola bars and as of yesterday raisins. She is an amazing eater and I hope she keeps it up.
4) She has recently found a comfort item YEAH! I have been waiting for her to find something to sooth her since they day she was born and about a week ago we found it. It is a triple threat of the silky blanket, pillow and her glow worm. When I go in to get her out of her crib she is always
standing with those items in hand.
standing with those items in hand.
5) When she doesn't feel well she throws uncontrollable tantrums and the only thing to calm her is a movie while mom scratches her back.
6) She likes to mimic sounds she hears. Her favorite sound this week is the s.
7) She will give kisses but only when she sees Josh and I kiss. It is a win win I think. I get kisses from Josh then E comes around and wants some to.
8) She has moved on from Frozen to Tangled. Im actually ok with this I need a break.
9) She throws her food when she is done. It drives me crazy!
10) She likes to put her toys in her doll stroller and take them on a tour of the apartment.
11) She is so loud. She doesn't know how to talk quietly. I take her to the mall to play several times a week and she gets so excited that as we walk through the mall she screams with excitement. We attract a lot of attention.
12) She can climb anything. I just know we will have a broken arm someday. She was able to climb the slide at the indoor playground last week. I was astonished and proud.
13) Last week she went to the dentist and was not a fan.
14) She will point at things she wants or holds her hands straight out in front of her when she wants more.
15) When I'm on the ground she likes to come up behind me and scream. She generally gives her position away because she laughs as she does it. She thinks she is funny.
16) She always wants my spicy drink. I've figured out how to fool her by getting a cup and just putting a straw in it. So far that makes her happy, but she will figure it out soon enough.
17) She has seen me pack a lot of moving boxes lately so one day while I was packing one she decided to help by throwing random items in.
Im absolutely smitten with this girl. She is at a fun age and each day is an adventure
Sitting in a big girl chair in her German dress. I wore this when I was her age.
Friday, April 4, 2014
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Evelyn has been into watching Frozen lately. Im so glad I'm not tired of it yet. She loves to sing and dance along with the songs, especially the famous "Let it Go" After out adventures inside watching Frozen :) We headed outside to play in the sand. Evelyn loves to be outside, but our apartment complex doesn't have a kid friendly place to play. So I improvised with sand toys and a sand volleyball court. It was a blast! This girl loves the sand. She would pick it up put it in her bucket, take it out of her bucket, and then back in. It was fun to see her playing with such joy. Bonus, she kept on her sun hat :)
A girl and her purple bucket :)
This is the place she prefers to watch her movies. I love this chair and clearly so does Evelyn!
1) She has learned to hit...dun dun dun! We are working on it and making progress.
2) She is a walking pro now. It is so cute to see her walk, fall on her bum, then get back up and take off again. She loves to walk and screams at the top of her lungs in joy as she strolls along.
3) She loves to go outside, or to the indoor mall park. She knows that when we get the keys we are going out to play and she gets extremely excited.
4) She learns so fast these days. At snack Josh was feeding her yogurt she noticed that he took the spoon and dipped it in the yogurt then to gave it to her. She wanted to try and actually did pretty well.
5) She loves Frozen.
6) She loves to dance and will frequently sing along in her cute baby language.
7) When she doesn't want something she shakes her head now and waves her arms
in front of her.
8) She is a great sleeper. I hate putting her in her crib at the end of the day because she still cries, but its only for just a minute.
9) When she is mad she throws herself backwards, which scares me to death. I usually just let her throw her temper and tell her that when she is done to come find me. 9 times out of 10 when she is done she gets up with tears down her cheeks and comes for a hug. We talk and move on. If this is the worst it gets ill take it :)
10) She is still an amazing eater. It's hard for me to say what her favorite foods are because she loves everything.
11) Books are her favorite pass time. She will sit and "read" several times a day. I love it when she brings me a book and sits on my lap for me to read. We may only get 1 or 2 pages in before she takes over but I love it.
12) She always scrunches her nose now. When she smiles, when she looks in the sun, when she is excited she pulls that face.
13) She fake laughs all the time. It sounds like an owl.
14) She is a moocher when it comes to food. It doesn't matter who it is or what they are eating she wants it.
15) She talks the most in the morning when she wakes up. I love to hear her babble at her toys and us.
16) She loves to grab my face and turn my head from side to side. I don't know why it is so funny but it sure cracks her up.
17) She loves to look in your mouth. Maybe she will be a dentist someday.
18) She likes to look out the window at the trucks and especially the kids in the street playing.
19) She follows me wherever I go and holds on to my leg.
20) When she is done eating she throws her food. It drives me crazy because I'm constantly cleaning the carpet.
21) She went up the stairs and down the kiddie slide all by herself.
22) She picked up her doll and gave her a kiss. My heart just melted when I saw it.
23) She loves to sit and "big people" chairs. Anytime I put her on one she laughs and swings her feet off the edge.
24) She has a hard time sharing. If one of her friends takes a toy from her she will attack. We are working on this and I hope she stops it soon.
25) I can't find reasonably priced shoes that fit her feet. Her foot is so poofy that I can't get it down into anything.
26) I gave her a beater today after making frosting and you would have thought she won the jackpot. Her face and body were covered in yummy chocolate frosting.
This girl is at such a fun age. She just melts my heart!