1) She has started to repeat after characters on the TV. My favorite to watch is the ending to Little Einsteins. She pats, claps gives a bow and yells blast off . I just love it.
2) Her singing consists of just screaming and holding the words.
3) She loves to read books now. We frequently have to take books in the car. Her favorite this week is Peekaboo Sofie and a book about Easter Eggs.
4) She has developed a love for the swings. When we go to the park that is all she wants to do.
5) She has the best mom in the entire world. Her mom is the most kind, loving, and nurturing woman on earth. In addition, her mother is super hot.
6) When describing her time at the park to Josh she puts her hands in the air and says wee.
7) When anyone calls on FaceTime she has to show them all her toys, and what she has been coloring lately.
8) She likes to be wrapped up like a baby.
9) We went to Foster Arend Beach with some friends. Evelyn had a blast playing in the water and building sand castles. Unfortunately she likes to build and destroy. Her friends didn't think the destroying of their castles was fun.
10) She doesn't like the bath. 5 weeks ago she would take forever in the tub. I can't figure out what has changed, but I hope it reverts back.
11) She loves to play in the sand in the backyard. She will sit for up to 45 minutes in the same spot playing.
12) She LOVES peanut butter
13) She has learned that if mom says no, dad will probably say yes
14) She has started a piggy bank. She was so excited to see the coins go in, but upset when she couldn't get them out.
15) She has finally started calling our house in Minnesota "home".
16) She loves having her window down in the car.
17) She calls flies "bees" and is deathly afraid of them.
Thursday, July 16, 2015
Evelyn has a strong love for the rain. Primarily because she loves water, and puddles but I think the real reason behind her love is the fact she gets to use an umbrella. Anytime it rains in any amount from a sprinkle to a down poor she immediately screams and says "mom rain...ella" meaning she needs her umbrella. This particular day we went to Wheeler Farm so that I could take pictures. It was a steady rain, which was not great for pictures but fantastic for chasing ducks, splashing in puddles and getting soaked head to toe. Evelyn rain all around the park and chased many ducks. She would find a duck run after it and when the duck inevitable started running away she would scream "duck please, duck please" pleading for it to come and play with her. I hope her love of rain doesn't ever change.
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
For Christmas our families gave Josh and I a session with a videographer. After 4 months of balancing schedules we finally found a morning where we could do it. I wanted to give Evelyn a treat during the video that was both cute and exciting for her. I found a giant sucker and it was perfect. She was so thrilled. It made for some great footage. On our way home she slipped into a sugar coma. Josh and I were laughing so hard at our sugar addicts face.
Before the sugar kicked in.
After our session we headed to St. George for some grandma time. As soon as we pulled into grandma Janets house Evelyn asked for the pool and her swimming suit. This pictures is of her trying to pick up the ants.
On of our favorite places to eat. This pizza is seriously amazing. It is one of my addictions.
When we are grandmas Evelyn insists on sleeping with her. Poor Janet is extremely sleep deprived by the time we leave. It is heartwarming to stand outside the door and listen to the two of them laughing, talking and watching who knows how many episodes of Curious George.
While we lived in Utah so tantalizingly close to Disney we couldnt help but go. My mom, Evelyn and I packed up the car and headed to the happiest place on earth. I have always been in love with Disney and have a soft spot in my heart for Disneyland. It was alway my favorite vacation and when I knew I was pregnant, planning my child's first trip was on the forefront of my mind. There is something about california that makes me so happy.
This cute munchkin eating her banana before the big day :)
Waiting to get into the park.
We showed up an hour early thinking they would let us walk up and down main street, we were wrong. I wanted to be able to take our time in the morning, find a souvenir, show Evelyn all the cute ins and outs of main street but that was not the case. I remember always being able to get in early to walk main street. Times have changed.
Evelyn loved everything about this day except the large cartoon characters. While she likes watching them on tv, seeing them in person was truly terrifying.
They had Mickey's face designed in the flowers below the train station. Evelyn was so excited to see the "mouse" made of flowers.
We met Julie, Jennie and Jazella early at the front gates of Disney. I am so happy they came down. Evelyn loved playing with Jazella. Another reason I was happy was that E tends to be a follower. If she sees someone else try something that she is a littler nervous about, then she will usually try it too.
The carousel. I couldn't really get both girls looking at the same time.
The poor pregnant woman on the smallest horse. You are such a good sport Jennie.
So we are in line for the Storybook ride when the girls wander off in the ropes. After I asked the girls o come back they just turned, smiled, then started dancing infant of us. It is like they were teasing us.
They thought it was so fun to run from us.
I have known this sweet girl all my life. I can't believe we have families of our own.
The cutest Grandmas.
Poor sleeping Jazella
Had to get a picture in front of the castle.
Waiting for the Frozen puppet show to start.
She squirmed her way to the front and center. I was nervous that the show would scare her and that I would have to try and reach her, but she did great. She was so excited when the show started that she jumped up (again she is front and center) and screamed "mommy" with arms in the air. She absolutely loved the show, probably her favorite part of the day.
It's a Small World After All!
The only ride we did twice was the Jungle Cruise. Im not surprised! Her love for animals runs deep. Grandpa Gil was proud, this is his favorite ride too.
Tired after lunch, so this is where she chooses to lay down. About 20 minutes later while on the Pirates of the Carribean ride she fell asleep. I couldn't believe it, but she was out cold right in the middle of a ride.
Still asleep through the Winnie the Pooh ride
Still asleep wating of the Frozen sing a long.
We finally had to wake her up before the show started.
Waiting for the parade.
She didn't like the Pixar parade in California Adventure. As soon as she saw the characters she latched onto grandma and screamed. She didn't like any of the cartoon characters.
Since Disney food is so expensive we headed out to dinner outside the park. It was a late night, our feet hurt and all we wanted was a frisco burger :) Evelyn was given money from Grandma Janet to get a souvenir and this Belle doll is what she picked. She LOVES her.
Belle even came to bed with us.
The next day we headed to Balboa island to see the waves. For some reason they are so big this year. Evelyn who loves the water was terrified of the spray and the crashing noise. I couldn't bribe her with anything to get down and play in the sand.
On the ferry.
No trip is complete without a stop at the Kendra Scott store for some new earrings.
On our way out of town we stopped by my moms old stomping grounds for a little tour of her neighborhood and to eat at the Northwoods Inn. I love going to see where my parents grew up. There is something special about seeing where your family comes from.
The house my mom grew up in. The flowers boxes in front are the boxes my grandfather built. Still there after all these years.
Saturday, July 4, 2015
Im finally back to blogging. I blame moving...again. We are now full time Minnesota residents. I still have lots of sad feelings leaving behind friends and family, but am excited about our new life here. Evelyn has changed so much these last few months and I hope I can remember it all.
1) For the first 4-5 days after moving she kept asking for grandma and to go home. Broke my heart every time she would look at me and ask to see Livy or Jude.
2) She still doesn't like fireworks. They absolutely terrify her. In her words they are too "HOT".
3) She loves to play the bye bye game on my phone. Sometimes it is the only way we can go grocery shopping.
4) Curios George is still her favorite show, but we have now added Little Einsteins to our favorites list.
5) She is out of her high chair and sits at the table like a big girl. When did that happen!!!
6) She has made great strides in behaving. She no longer hits, or pushes. I can't tell you how happy it makes my heart feel when she plays kindly, shares and says hi to new friends.
7) She calls all her friends nani.
8) She has some sticker packets that create scenes and she loves to play with them. Now I wish she could pull the stickers off herself.
9) She has learned to say thank you.
10) When she wakes up in the morning she calls for mommy. There are mornings I wish she would call for daddy, but ill take her early morning mommy cuddles as long as I can.
11) She can form little sentences now.
12) She is obsessed with watches for some reason.
13) I love it when she helps me in the kitchen. She is so proud of herself when she gets to do something. Her favorite is to add spices to anything and everything.
I know I have missed so much. Ugh, I hate having such a large distance between posts. We sure do love this little girl of ours!!