Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Disneyland

While we lived in Utah so tantalizingly close to Disney we couldnt help but go.  My mom, Evelyn and I packed up the car and headed to the happiest place on earth.  I have always been in love with Disney and have a soft spot in my heart for Disneyland.  It was alway my favorite vacation and when I knew I was pregnant, planning my child's first trip was on the forefront of my mind.  There is something about california that makes me so happy.
This cute munchkin eating her banana before the big day :)
Waiting to get into the park.  
We showed up an hour early thinking they would let us walk up and down main street, we were wrong.  I wanted to be able to take our time in the morning, find a souvenir, show Evelyn all the cute ins and outs of main street but that was not the case.  I remember always being able to get in early to walk main street.  Times have changed. 
Evelyn loved everything about this day except the large cartoon characters.  While she likes watching them on tv, seeing them in person was truly terrifying.  
They had Mickey's face designed in the flowers below the train station.  Evelyn was so excited to see the "mouse" made of flowers.
We met Julie, Jennie and Jazella early at the front gates of Disney.  I am so happy they came down.  Evelyn loved playing with Jazella.  Another reason I was happy was that E tends to be a follower.  If she sees someone else try something that she is a littler nervous about, then she will usually try it too.

The carousel.  I couldn't really get both girls looking at the same time. 

The poor pregnant woman on the smallest horse.  You are such a good sport Jennie.

So we are in line for the Storybook ride when the girls wander off in the ropes.  After I asked the girls o come back they just turned, smiled, then started dancing infant of us.  It is like they were teasing us.  

They thought it was so fun to run from us. 



I have known this sweet girl all my life.  I can't believe we have families of our own.  


The cutest Grandmas.  


Poor sleeping Jazella

Dumbo!

Had to get a picture in front of the castle.  

Waiting for the Frozen puppet show to start.

She squirmed her way to the front and center.  I was nervous that the show would scare her and that I would have to try and reach her, but she did great.  She was so excited when the show started that she jumped up (again she is front and center) and screamed "mommy"  with arms in the air.  She absolutely loved the show, probably her favorite part of the day. 



It's a Small World After All!

The only ride we did twice was the Jungle Cruise.  Im not surprised! Her love for animals runs deep.  Grandpa Gil was proud, this is his favorite ride too.  

Tired after lunch, so this is where she chooses to lay down.  About 20 minutes later while on the Pirates of the Carribean ride she fell asleep.  I couldn't believe it, but she was out cold right in the middle of a ride.  


Still asleep through the Winnie the Pooh ride

Still asleep wating of the Frozen sing a long.  
We finally had to wake her up before the show started.  
Waiting for the parade. 

She didn't like the Pixar parade in California Adventure.  As soon as she saw the characters she latched onto grandma and screamed.  She didn't like any of the cartoon characters.  


Since Disney food is so expensive we headed out to dinner outside the park.  It was a late night, our feet hurt and all we wanted was a frisco burger :)  Evelyn was given money from Grandma Janet to get a souvenir and this Belle doll is what she picked.  She LOVES her.  

Belle even came to bed with us.  




The next day we headed to Balboa island to see the waves.  For some reason they are so big this year.    Evelyn who loves the water was terrified of the spray and the crashing noise.  I couldn't bribe her with anything to get down and play in the sand.  

On the ferry.

No trip is complete without a stop at the Kendra Scott store for some new earrings.  

On our way out of town we stopped by my moms old stomping grounds for a little tour of her neighborhood and to eat at the Northwoods Inn.  I love going to see where my parents grew up.  There is something special about seeing where your family comes from.  

The house my mom grew up in.  The flowers boxes in front are the boxes my grandfather built.  Still there after all these years. 

No comments: