Friday, August 12, 2011

Remember the Alamo

As an attempt to get away one last time before Josh starts school we headed west to San Antonio.  I had no expectations, since the only "Texas" city I have been to is the city that I live in.  I absolutely love San Antonio.  If I were going to live in Texas, San Antonio would be the place.  Josh and I stayed at a "swanky" hotel called Hotel Valencia, right on the Riverwalk.  There were so many cool sights.  We were able to walk up a few blocks and see the Alamo.  Now I feel a little silly that I didn't know the entire story of what happened at the Alamo.  I couldn't believe the story.  We have some amazingly brave ancestors.  We had a great time, and I cant wait to visit San Antonio again!






5 comments:

Derek and Ceri Steele said...

Please live there so I can come visit!

Emily and Dave said...

I forgot you got a little trip!! So happy for you guys.

The Diaries of a Wimpy Mom said...

Isn't that the best place in the world? I used to live there and Derek and I LOVE it there! We think we might want to settle in San Antonio one day. Glad you enjoyed it!

Emme said...

how fun that you got a little getaway before school :) mike and i actually planned a trip to san antonio in march that we never got to go on but after reading this it makes me want to try to go again :)

Miriam said...

We LOVE San Antonio too!