Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Dallas and Florida

For the month of August Josh had a radiology rotation at Baylor Dallas.  He would be gone for about 4 weeks and since we cant be without him for that long we decided to go with him.  Our great family friends, the Wallaces, live in Arlington, TX and offered to let us crash at their house.  We had a great time playing outside in the pool and roaming around their 3 acres of lush green landscape.  I forgot how much I love a well maintained, and green yard.  Evelyn was in heaven each night when we took a dip in the pool.  In the middle of our stay in Dallas Evie and I took off to see Ceri in Florida.  Little did she know she would have us for 12 days.  We had a lot of fun laying out on the beach.

My mom came into town and watched Evelyn while Josh and I went to a Rangers game.  It was so fun to sit back and relax with my cute hubby.  So grateful for my mom to let us have a night out.  
What was for dinner! 
Evelyn and Grandma
Ken and Kami took us on a tour of downtown Fort Worth.  I love this city, especially this garden we ventured into.  There was a living waterfall that you could walk into.  Josh and I left Evie up with Grandma and down we went.  

It was so unique.  Im still shocked that no one has fallen in. 
Proof that we were all in the same place at the same time.

Kami had kept a lot of the toys she had as a young mom.  It was fun to pull out these toys and see how much Evelyn loved them.  I wish I could find one of these.  

FLORIDA
This was how Evelyn felt about the beach.  It was a rough start, but the more we went the more she loved it.  By the end she was a beach bum.  

She didnt know how to feel about the sand.

Tuesday night we packed up the girls and headed to the food trucks.  I loved seeing all the different types of food all gathered around a park.  You could walk around and eat delicious food in a great place.  It was a great way to enjoy a dinner out.  


Haha so funny!  "Say cheese"

It doesnt look like it, but this sandwich was amazing!  Fried eggplant, goat cheese, pesto and bruschetta how could that be bad. 

TREES!

I was able to snap a good picture of Miss Madelynn.  The trick is to take the picture before you ask her to say cheese, or to smile. 

I love quesadillas, so I had to snap a picture of this truck.  

My Princess!

So happy to be at the beach.  We went to Lowdermilk beach in Naples.  It was a dream beach.  The sand was white, the water was around 85 degrees and there were no waves.  For kids this beach was great.  Evelyn loved to float out in the water. 

Love those sandy toes. 

Lowdermilk beach

One styling girl

Trying to avoid some sun while I played in the sand with Madelynn.


Ahhhh!



Just want to pinch those cheeks.  

Naked baby!  


This is the best invention ever!  Evelyn hates to watch others eat.  She gets so mad that you are eating and that she is not.  Ceri found this binki that has mesh instead of rubber.  I then placed different fruits and veggies inside and she could suck away.  Made it so I could eat a meal!

Love her!

Sunday walk around Ceri's apartment complex.

Ceri went and got a mani/pedi while I watched the girls.  We had a blast making rice crispy treats.  Madelynn is such a sneak.  I gave her a marshmellow to eat at the before we dumped the rest in the pot to melt down.  I told her not to take anymore because we needed the rest for the treats.  I turned my back for 2 seconds and saw her reach in a grab a handful then laugh out loud.  Silly girl!


My last night in FLL we took a picnic down to the beach.  I wish I could do this everyday.  



Guacamole...so good

We put Evie in a swing for the first time.  She liked it as long as she didnt go too high.  


BACK IN DALLAS

Doesnt this look relaxing!

I could eat her up!



Im one lucky momma to see this smile everyday.


Her latest trick is sitting.  "Look mom no hands!"




This drool has a permanent place on her face.  She has reached the stage where she is constantly drooling.  


She found her feet and loves to suck on her toes. 





The trip home.  10 hours in the car...no thanks.  Baby girl did great. 

Our friends, the Speirs, had decorated our apartment.  It was such a fun surprise!  It felt good to get back to El Paso. 




No comments: