Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Evie-isms

Sorry for the long departure from the blog.  Evie,josh, and I have been in Dallas for the last month while josh does a rotation at Baylor Dallas.  I will post pictures from our great adventures soon but for now here are some evie-isms.

1) she rolls like a champ ow.  She is constantly trying to reach for things (mostly electronic things) and has found that rolling seems to help her bet closer.  She will be crawling before we know it.
2) She went to the beach for the first time and loved it.  Pictures to come.
3) She is still a great travel partner.
4) we have started sleep training.  About a month ago my wonderful sleeper decided to boycott sleep.   So, with the help of my sister we began sleep training.  So far she is doing great.
5) She is the most social baby I have ever met.  She wants to smile and talk to everyone.  It makes church very distracting for some people including us.
6) I'm constantly being asked how much she weIghs.  This makes me laugh.  I honestly don't taken she is that big for her age.
7) She loves other kids and likes to watch them play.  At church we sat next to a lady with a new tiny baby, Evelyn just wanted to hold and play with her.  We laughed pretty hard.
8) she loves dad but is still a mom as girl.
9) we found these binkis that have mesh instead of a nipple where you can place food or ice for baby to suck on.  Saying Evie loves them is an understatement.  She has tried peas, ice, banana, and peach.
10) we found out that Evie likes the tinkerbell movies.  I usually don't like her to watch tv, but when I need thirty minutes to cook or get ready it provides a great distraction for her.  I have tried other shows, but Tinkerbell is the favorite.
11) she likes her rice cereal but is getting anxious to expand her food choices.

No comments: