Monday, March 31, 2014

Birthday Party

Originally I wasn't going to throw Evelyn a 1st birthday party.  But, as the big day grew closer I decided that it was as much as a celebration for Josh and I as it was for her.  you only turn 1 once.  I then put together a simple yet cute party for miss E's golden birthday.  
We were supposed to have her party at a local park, but do to the windy El Paso weather we rescheduled it the morning of to our apartment. 
Her cupcake table.  

The birthday waiting for her friends to come.


Fun Fetti cupcakes requested by Josh

Chris and Evie are good friends who love watching Frozen together. 


Our first party guests Amanda, Chris, Brynn, and Jonah.   

The Frozen Comma

The Osborns came to party.

Josh pulled out Evie's bubble gun.  I found it at the dollar store and it has turned out to be the best toy.


Evelyn didn't want the cake part of her cupcake just the frosting.  

Elsie and Toni

Mr Lincoln licking his fingers after eating a delicious cupcake :)

The whole gang

We opened presents and I soon had a swarm of cute kiddos around me.  They were also so eager to see what Evelyn got. We have wonderful friends who gave E some pretty wonderful things.


Since we live in El Paso we thought it was appropriate to have a piñata at the party.  The ladies who make these are truly amazing.  Josh and I went to the store to pick it out and it was like going to a museum.  With each turn we made we were more and more amazed.  We finally landed on an elephant that was almost too big to fit in the car.


Lincoln taking a swing

Angelina needs to be a tennis player.  This girl has quite an arm.

Poor Audrey was very sad that we were hurting the elephant.  She started to cry :(

All in all it was a great day.  Evelyn had fun and that is what counts.  I can't believe my little girl is 1. She has grown so much over the past 365 days.  Thank you to all of our friends who helped make her big day a special one.

No comments: