Evelyn has changed so much since the last time I posted. She is more vocal, has more opinions and is more fun than ever.
1) We went to a birthday party for one of her little friends, Annie. Upon leaving Evelyn, through the car window, said "bye Annie." Josh and I were so surprised. It usually takes her along time to learn names. We were so proud and made her say it all that night. Since then she has started saying more and more names, upon our request :)
2) She loves to have snacks "nacks." She knows where I put them and is frequently asking for one or bringing one to me.
3) She loves to have noodles with cheese. Basically, anything with cheese is her favorite food these days.
4) At Annie's birthday party she helped to break a piñata. It took her awhile to figure out that she could gather the candy. She was so proud of what she collected that she went around and showed all her friends and then everyone we Facetimed with the next day.
5) Josh had an interview in Minneapolis this week and so Evelyn and I tagged along. When Josh was in the interview Evelyn and I drove to a historic neighborhood to walk around. The homes were absolutely amazing, but the most amazing part was just walking through a beautiful neighborhood with my cute little girl and the sticks she collected along the way.
6) At Ikea Josh took Evelyn to the bulk candy wall and let her pick out different pieces. When she came to show me what she had collected her eyes were beaming and her face was elated. The best part was watching the sugar coma that ensued after she ate the entire bag of candy in the car ride home. I love that she makes these great memories with her dad.
7) Evelyn ripped a page out of a library book. I could have died. I had to make the walk of shame back to he library, drag myself to the counter and hand them their destroyed book. Then the lady said, in a hushed tone, that I had to pay for the book, which I'm sure was to keep from embarrassing me. It was horrible, but luckily we get to keep the book to constantly remind me of this event in my life. The treasures of being a mom.
8) I bought Evelyn Play-doh this week and then after giving it to her wondered why I waited so long to buy it. She loves it. Her favorite is for me to make her a snack and a baby nest.
9) She has officially started singing in the car. I was driving on the freeway this Wednesday, we were jamming to Frozen...again when she burst out signing. Tears may have filled my eyes. It was so sweet to listen to her little voice try and pronounce the word and sing the tune.
10) Still no luck in nursery :(