1) We have loved having the Speirs family come and stay with us. Evelyn has had to learn some hard lessons in sharing and being kind. It seems like every 2 seconds I hear her screaming because she wants something Aaron has, or Aaron wants something she has. It does get better right? I keep telling myself she is only 2, but sometimes I just want to scream. The up side to the situation is that when they are sweet and kind to each other they are unbelievable cute.
2) She has hated going to sleep lately. She is completely fine getting ready for bed, and getting in bed but the meltdown starts as soon as George turns off. I think it has something to do with being in her big girl bed now. She has the ability to get in and out, but other than that we have no idea. I have started shutting her in her room to keep her from coming out time and time again. It breaks my heart to listen to her cry.
3) She is starting to say more and more. I can have conversations with her now and it is the best part of my day.
4) Usually when E goes to bed we sneak in and turn off her sound machine and night light. One evening she woke up and started crying, I rushed into her room and scooped her up. I asked her what was wrong and she looked at me with big tears and said "too dark, too dark." I couldn't help but kiss her and hold her tight. What a sweet girl I have. We now leave her night light on :)
5) Tonight McKeisha made the most delicious grilled chicken and veggies. Evelyn has been unusually picky lately with her food choices and often goes to bed without eating. Tonight I wanted her to eat something because we had brownies coming and I didn't want to have to tell her no. After explaining this to her she got on my lap and reluctantly took a bite of zucchini (keep in mind it was grilled, and covered with cheese). She fake gaged and then swallowed. What a little actress. Needless to say she got her brownie that night.
6) She has gone into nursery for 3 weeks in a row. I can't believe how brave she is. Today when I picked her up Sister Evans said that she was the happiest kid in the class. Go Evelyn!! Seriously never thought this day would come.
7) She loves to read books lately. Her favorite books include: Shape by Shape, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, The Very Busy Spider and That's Not My Mom. It is so fun to listen to her "read" that's not my mom. She turns each page and says "no, no, no" then proceeds to make the animal sound associated with that page. She likes me to read her a book then immediately after she reads it to herself. At the end of each books she says "me-nd" aka the end.
8) One day she was having a hard time sharing with Aaron so I gave her some books and put her in the hallway to have quiet time. It was fun to watch her "read" each book to herself.
9) She still loves being outside, especially if it is raining.
10) Josh was working on the patio this weekend. Evelyn had been wanting to go outside all day, but Josh was using a cement saw so inside is where she stayed. When he was finally done E went outside to "help" clean up. Josh hosed down the machine and in the process made a huge puddle. Once she saw it it was all over. Evelyn was covered in mud head to toe and smiling from ear to ear.
11) To brush her teeth we tell her there are bugs in there that we have to get.
12) clean up is "mee nuck" bouncy ball is "b ball" rain is "wain" snack is "nack"