Friday, April 5, 2013

The Hospital



On March 5, 2013 at midnight I started to feel contractions.  I had felt lots of contractions in the month leading up to that night so I thought they would lead to nothing, but for fun we started timing them.  They started at about 10 minutes apart and started getting closer and closer over the first hour.  To keep me distracted I turned on Frasier.  I love Frasier and the funny remarks from Niles helped to keep my mind occupied.  Over the next 2 hours I started to notice my contractions getting closer and closer, stronger and stronger.  When they went under 5 minutes apart I decided to take a shower, get ready and wake up Josh.  At 3:20 ish we hoped in the car and headed to the hospital.  The next 15 hours were somewhat of a slow blur.   It seems crazy how anxious we were and how long it took us to get to 10 cm.  When I finally got to 10 cm I started to get really nervous.  Any minute we were going to have our beautiful little girl and our lives would change.  35 or so minutes of pushing and then our Evelyn was here.   Luckily there was another delivery going on so our nurses had to run off leaving us with her for over an hour.  That hour was precious and amazing as it finally sunk in that our family of 2 was now a family of 3.  At the end of our hour they took Evie to the nursery and me to recovery.
On her way to sit under the light
Poor baby got Josh's blood type with some of my antibodies and had to sit under the light
She passed her hearing test!
Our recovery room


I wish I could have taken this cart with me.  




No comments: