Monday, January 27, 2014

Apple Pie Filling with GG

Josh has some darling and amazing grandmas.  Grandma Merrell has an apple orchard in Vernal Utah where each year the family gets together and harvests the apples and making all sorts of treats.  I was in Heaven with my apple butter, applesauce, apple juice and apple pie filling.  Janet went up one weekend to help with all the apple picking and brought home a bushel of apples for us to enjoy.  After seeing how many apples we had I asked Grandma Reber if she would come over and teach me how to can apple pie filling.  I have always been nervous to can.  Horror stories of botulism have plagued me out of ever trying.  But after watching Grandma Reber I have the confidence to try it myself.  It was a great afternoon of peeling, chopping, baking and talking.  Thanks Grandma Reber for a fun day!

No comments: