Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving we were with my family.  Usually we break tradition and we go out to eat, but instead we thought we would cook ourselves.  We had a great time cooking, eating, hanging with family and of course eating.  My mom brined a turkey this year and it turned out amazing!  I will never do a traditional turkey again!  Skyler made the center pieces which were gorgeous and my mom set a beautiful table.  Evelyn ate like a pig.  She loved stuffing, and Grandma Joans candied sweet potatoes.  She got her favorite sweet potato puffs as an appetizer, but really they were sub par to the amazing meal that followed.  My family invited the Gunthers over to join us.  They are a darling family with the cutest, well behaved kids.  After the food was eaten and bellies were full we decorated gingerbread houses.  It was fun to see the teams competing for the much desired Red Robin gift card.  Sadly, Josh and I did not win.








No comments: