Sunday, April 12, 2015

Jude

When we moved to Utah we were so excited to live close to family for a change.  It was the driving factor in the decision to move here in the first place.  I had great hopes of spending quality time with immediate and extended family before the big move.  I never imagined though that I would get this close and fall so in love with the Romero family.  Kristen is Josh's cousin, and because of us living in TX we rarely got to see them.  When we first moved to SLC we found out that we were only 5 minutes away from each other.  Kristen invited us over for dinner and then asked if Evelyn and I would like to watch Jude 3 days a week while she worked.  We said yes and the rest is history.  I love this little boy as if he were my own.  Evelyn treats Jude as if he were a brother.  

When we first started watching Jude I was scared about getting around with 2 kids.  Luckily we learned how to get around and Evelyn learned how to be patient with me when I couldn't give her my full attention.  

Jude was not the best napper at the beginning, and many days were spent just like this.  Now he is the BEST napper and most times will sleep longer than Evelyn.  
Some days I miss my cuddles though.  

She gives him at least 20 hugs a day and thats not an exaggeration.  He definitely wins over me in the heart of Evelyn.  

He is such a boy.  He loves everything to do with cars, books, animals, dinosaurs and especially trains.  

Im heartbroken that our time together is coming to an end this month.  I am teary eyed thinking about  moving and leaving this little one and his parents behind.  I don't know how Evelyn is going to take it and it actually makes me really nervous.  
I love this family so much.  


No comments: