Friday, April 24, 2015

She Turns 2!

Where has time gone.  How is Evelyn 2 years old already.  
I can't bare to think that my little one is getting bigger each day.  Yes I am selfish and I want her to stay my sweet little baby forever.  

The night before her birthday Josh and I put out her new princesses on the kitchen table and filled her room with balloons.  Her face was full of excitement when she saw them in the morning.  
(They now take turns going with us everywhere)
After breakfast we all, yes all Josh had the day off, got ready to go see Grandma Sally.  Evelyn loved watching her "Baby" movie with her.  My heart melt a little when they both smiled and laughed during certain parts.  
After a fun visit we headed to the Museum of Curiosity.  This place is always such a hit with her.  I wish I could pick it up and take it with us to Rochester.  
Opening gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Reber.  She insisted on wearing the hat, and nothing else, while singing with her new microphone.  
They also gave her purple nail polish, which resulted in the immediate need to paint our toes.  
After it was nap and a yummy dinner.  

The Party: 
Josh and I wanted to do something special for her party this year.  The theme was really east...art.  It is what fills most of our days.  
I have to be honest and once we picked a theme my mind went crazy with ideas.  It was really hard for me to scale back and pick what to do.  
I was a little bummed that none of Evelyns Grandparents were going to be able to come to her party.  
I knew they had really busy schedules and complete understood, but still secretly wanted everyone there.  
Well surprise of surprises my parents showed up on my doorstep about an hour before the party.  
I was completely shocked, excited, and happy.  Evelyn was dancing around the apartment like a monkey.  She was thrilled and new something BIG was happening.
Soon Evelyns friends and cousins arrived and the pARTy began.   

We read about Pete the Cat and his different colored shoes.  
This iis one of my favorite books and I love how in to it all the kids were.

They all got a cupcake to decorate.  

For the 2nd year in a row Evelyn just licked off the frosting and dumped the cupcake.  

This girl was so spoiled this year with fun presents from everyone. 

Paintbrush rice crispy treats




Ashlin and I instantly became face painting pros.  It is funny what kids choose to have painted.  Dixie wanted a unicorn.  Luckily, we were able to convince her to do a rainbow and hearts instead.  I don't even know how you would draw a unicorn :)

Painting palettes ready to go :)



Jude painting his rainbow :)

Liv the tiger
I need to send a special shout out to Elaisha and Liv for helping us set up the decorations.  It was a shame that we had to take them down.  Wish I could keep them up all the time. 

Her cute party favors.  

I can't believe how time has flown.  We love this crazy, funny, spunky, sweet little munchkin with all our hearts!  We can't wait to see what the 2's bring. 

No comments: