Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Last Day of Medical School

When Josh and I started this journey I thought "hey it can't be too bad"  Well school wasn't "too" bad but it also wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.  There were lots of bad days and good days in this process.  It was so worth it though and Im so proud of my amazing husband.  To celebrate his last day I wanted to throw him a little party to celebrate.  I know some people think I'm crazy, but it really was such a momentous day for our family!  We reached the mountain top!  I needed to throw a good party for the guy who made it!  I had so much help from our wonderful friends.  Chris and Amanda were so sweet to host the party at their house, since it was a surprise.  My dear friends Sam and Brynn helped me to make all the food.  The food was actually a funny story.  I needed to make it ahead of time but I couldn't at our house since the party was a surprise.  So I told Josh that I was going to a surprise party for a Brynn's sister.  Josh was totally fine with this and even believed my story, but he got a little suspicious when I was leaving.  As I was walking out the door he told me to have fun but then asked me "you are going dressed like that, I mean it looks ok, but you usually get more together for stuff like this"  Haha I had simply put on some jog pants and a tee.  In my head I knew what was happening and that I was just going to a girls night to make yummy food, but to Josh he must have thought wow my wife really "looks" great :).  The day of the party I took Josh out to dinner to Rudys.  we finished dinner a little ahead of schedule so we stopped at Albertsons for some Ice Cream.  I told him Amanda needed it for the dessert that Chris was making.  After the short pitstop we were on our way.  We get to the house and Josh rings the doorbell.  Instead of coming inside though he noticed the doorbell was sticking.  He insisted on fixing it right then and there while a group of our friends hid behind the corner.  I couldn't help but laugh as all our friends sat so patiently waiting for Josh to be done fixing the doorbell.  It was a great night and we had so much fun.  We have amazing friends in El Paso and they made Josh's last day of school special!  




All of the food was medical themed :)




Waiting for Josh to be done with school.  Passing the time at the mall :)

No comments: